Thursday, March 12, 2009

waiting/me

Waiting for the mail
Waiting for validation
Waiting for good news
Waiting for bad news

Waiting for the economy to change
Waiting for something to do
Waiting for good news
Waiting for bad news

Waiting for my famed biological clock to tick
Waiting for validation
Waiting for good news
Waiting for bad news



Last weekend was rough. So I bought myself an expensive sketch book and opened a bottle of wine. I guess I didn't need a new sketch book, or one this nice at that. Especially not for contour line drawings in ink.

My room has mirrored closet doors, which are great for self portraits. Blind contours are hard, though, because I start looking at my drawing upside down and trying to cheat. But maybe that is another drawing exercise in-and-of itself.

Also, I have started laying out my outfits each night before bed. If my pants wouldn't wrinkle, I would put them over my shoes like a firefighter. I find it impossible to wake up. I've messed up two days in a row trying to make coffee...and all I have to do is put in a pod and push a button!

3 comments:

becca said...

heck yeah, i lay my clothes out everyday. your drawings are awesome. show me some more!

becca said...

u need to put up a new post! your not waiting anymore! you got in! you got in!

melissa said...

are you telling me you're tired of looking at a doodle of my boobs?