Tuesday, August 18, 2009

peaches

DSC05854

It took a week but I finally got around to pulling out the water colors on Sunday.

Normally there is a point in every project where I am 99% sure that I have blown it completely and should quit because I am just going to hate the finished product. But if I soldier through, I almost always end up liking it after all. So this time I tried to take pictures at each phase as a little reminder/motivator to keep on truckin.

DSC05855

I wanted to do something sort of abstract with a lot of construction lines. I really liked this drawing. Then I tried to lighten the lines and start coloring it in, and I realized pretty quickly that I had blown it completely and should quit because I was just going to hate the finished product.

DSC05857

Unfortunately, my little exercise didn't work out, because I am seriously not feeling this one. That peach on the left is killing me. I don't know how I shaped it so weird, but it looks like a freaking papaya or navel orange. I guess I could try to work back into it and fix it, but ...ugh.

1 comment:

joy said...

o meliss you are so brilliant at water coloring, those peaches are perfect